My Experiences As An Expanding Omnivore

I'm an Omnivore. A technological "omnivore". I took the current Pew Internet technology survey and they have classified me as a part of the Omnivore typology.

But then again, I knew they would.

I've been a geek for as long as I can remember. I played Pong on my Grandpa's TV and taught myself Basic (the programming language) when I was 10. In fact, my dad even chewed me out (as a kid) for spending my hard-earned five bucks on Asteroids. I have a mobile phone, three laptops, a desktop computer, an iPod, digital camera, and video camera. I have watched movies on devices other than a television and have been creating web sites since the mid-nineties.

Nevertheless, the last month for me has certainly been one of expansion. Up until then, I had never really expanded my community to include participants in the blogosphere - I rarely commented on blog posts, and only blogged in private. Up until then, I had truly missed out on an amazing new world - a world which has its own rules, pecking order, and manner of checks and balances.

I'm truly grateful to be a part of this wonderful (new-to-me) community. Without it, I would have missed out on a number of rich experiences. Sorry for the sap - now back to work.

Technorati Tags:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.