I saw Leslie Fisher last year at NECC. I was so impressed with her no-nonsense presentation of photography tips, that I decided to see her again this year. Here is a list of tips that she provided, with my occasional takes in italics:
- Not close enough. Often guilty, but not by choice. My point and click has a 3x zoom. However, I've since purchased a superzoom (10x).
- Not in focus (focus point).
- Camera shake.
- Foreign composition.
- Boring composition. I love the law of thirds - it conforms to the Golden Ratio.
- Another Few Composition Ideas
The Squint Test. I rarely use this test, but plan to more often in the future.
Space makes you think.
Shoot high / shoot low.
If I see another... Take more action shots. They're far better than posed shots.
- Missing the Moment. The story of my life.
- Too much flash.
- Too little flash.
- Digital zoom. Why bother?
- Photoshop Tips
In order: Auto Color Adjust, Adjust Levels (looking for a bell-shaped curve - black, gray, white), Sharpen
Photo Source - 1
Technorati Tags: n07s723 necc07 necc2007 photography