I'm sitting here in Will Richardson's NECC session entitled From Hand it in to Publish It: Re-Envisioning Our Classroom. While Will is speaking, I'm also participating in an 11-person Skype chat. We're discussing the session, expounding on Will's thoughts, providing links, and documenting the session. Absolutely amazing. You may read our skype chat here.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Will's session (all from Will):
- Kids don't see privacy the same way that we do.
- We learn for ourselves, we learn because we want to, we learn because we're passionate about our topic.
- I didn't get to be a life long learner until I was 40.
- How do our kids figure out who they can trust?
- As educated people, we have to be able to determine whether or not information is reliable.
- The link is what powers the network.
- All of our work has to have wings.
- You bought into education. If you don't have the time, suck it up.
- If you're scared, that's good. It means you care...
- Most of the people on the train still don't get it.
Technorati Tags: n07s584 necc07 necc2007