A Little Homework Or Contributing To Burn-Out?

My daughter had homework tonight. Four hours worth. Is it me or is four hours of homework a little excessive?

She's twelve. And in the sixth grade!


Now, I realize that every night isn't comprised of a homework marathon for her, and I also recognize that she's asked for this heavier workload (she's in an accelerated learning program). Nevertheless, as one that is currently in his 24th year of schooling, I seriously hope she doesn't burn out. If I had the amount of school work that she has now when I was her age, I highly doubt that I would still be going to school.

I'm just sayin'.

Image Source - Flickr user Cayusa

Technorati Tags:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.