What I've Learned From Blogging, Part 2

In a previous post, I wrote about how D. Keith Robinson has learned many things through blogging. To his list, I think it is now appropriate to add a few of my own.

Things I've Learned From Blogging

  • Teachers that blog are as nice as teachers that don't blog - I'm amazed at how kind teachers around the world are. Ours seems to be a profession full of kind, generous people that are anxious to help those that are anxious to learn.
  • Writing requires a lot of reading - As I've been a contributor to the blogosphere, I've found it extremely helpful to read before I write. Reading the work of others spurs ideas.
  • Writing is hard, reading is easy - It ain't easy comin' up with smart words to say on a regular basis.
  • The world is both bigger and smaller than I’d ever imagined - Keith listed this one, too, but it's too true not to include. Since I've created my blog, I've conversed (in person and through writing) with people from all over the world.
  • A good picture can make a good post.
  • There is great power in tagging - I'm almost convinced that tagging makes the world go around (or at least it will in the near future) because it makes for quality, inexpensive search-ability.
  • Like teaching, there's always tomorrow - No matter how bad it goes today, there's always a tomorrow.
  • Like teaching, there's always tomorrow - No matter how good it goes today, there's always a tomorrow.
Image source

Technorati Tags:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.