America The Beautiful

[This post was originally written on April 23, 2008, but I decided to save it for a day like today.]

While driving here and there, my kids will often play what they have termed "The Flag Game". The rules of the game are simple:

  • If you see an American flag - wherever it may be - you "call" it by proclaiming in a loud voice: "Flag!"
The other day, I decided to play the game. By myself.

Guess what?

America won.

In the 16-mile commute between my house and my office, I counted 52 flags. Fifty two! It was no holiday. It was no special occasion. It was just Tuesday.


Yet one more reason I am thankful to be an American.

Image Source: My Dad. The evergreen tree of my youth was one day transformed into the talk of the town.

Technorati Tags:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.